Tuesday, March 1, 2016

How to be a #SelfieExpert

Gone were days where we have to flip our phones so we can take a photo of ourselves. We are now in a generation wherein everything is made easier. Phones nowadays are built with dual cameras, one at the back and the other infront. Thank you for making life trouble-free, now it also acts as a mirror. 

Along with this evolution is a new name for what used to be called as a solo picture. I'm sure we all know the term selfie. Need I say more? I, too, am a selfie addict. Seriously, I take a lot of photos of myself but end up liking only one. I know you are with me on this. LOL! Isn't it hard to choose that perfect shot? Sometimes you want to upload almost all of the photos (please don't) or sometimes (okay, most of the time) it's the other way around, which is when you end up liking none. Haha!

Now, now. Allow me to share to you my Five P's of taking that like-earning selfie. Feel free to try it on your own and tell me if it worked. 

1. Perfect Lighting
Most of the time, natural lighting is enough to take that profile-picture-worthy selfie. If it's already nighttime and you have other source of light, be sure that the shadow of your hand does not hit your face. Look for that light and own it. LOL! 
TIP: In this photo, the fluorescent light in my room does not provide 
enough light, so I used my desk lamp for additional lighting. 
(Yes, I'm pointing to my lamp. Haha!)

2. Pretty/ Pogi Angle
Find your right angle. Don't know what your perfect angle is? Visit your old photos, which are the most commented photos saying "You look pretty/ handsome here," that's it! I'm kidding! That's really mean actually when people imply that you look good only in that particular photo. Usually where you part your hair is also your angle. Try placing the camera a little higher than your face, slightly tilt your head and flash that sweet smile.
I strongly believe this is my angle. Confidence is key! LOL!

3. Preferred Spot
Your face may be the main focus of a selfie but it wouldn't hurt if you become a little mindful of your surroundings, right? I love taking selfies outdoors with the mountains and trees as my background. However, when I'm just stuck at home I make sure I fix my bed first or whatever is caught in the background before clicking the shutter. I'm sure you wouldn't like your friends to look at your dirty laundry or your unfixed bed instead of your pretty face. Uh-oh!

Trivia: I had to crop this photo because my unfolded clothes are 
somewhere in the frame. (Did I just share that? Oh.)

4. Popular Editing Apps and Filters
These editing apps are popular for a reason. I believe most of you heard about the VSCO app? Yes, that same app can make your photos look glamorous in no time. They have quite a number of free presets which you can use to edit your photos. If you are willing to shell out a few bucks, you can purchase The Aesthetic Series, for that bright selfie photo. That's my personal choice and I guarantee you it's worth your money. If you prefer manual manipulation of your photo, you can also do that in VSCO.

On the other hand, if you have a few blemishes you want to remove or you simply want to smoothen your skin, I recommend you download Photo Wonder. There are times though that I don't like editing too much, so what I do is I just bring down the contrast of my photo for that blogger look.

5. Phone with a Decent Camera
All the tips will not make sense if you don't have a phone which is expert at taking selfies. That is why OPPO F1 Selfie Expert was invented to give selfie lovers, like us, great results. Simply put the Letters A-F to describe this magnificent phone.

Adjusted brightness lets you take a natural-looking shot even in low light conditions because it has a screen flash feature. 
Beautify 3.0 can enhance the skin and remove blemishes, so you always look gorgeously beautiful. You might not need any app after all. 
Clearer selfies because of the 8-megapixel front facing camera with an aperture lens of f/2.0 and a sensor size of 1/4 inches wide enough for light to enter the camera giving you that stunning result of a photo.
Decent and elegant device which means you can ask your favorite celebrity to snap a photo with you because it has the most lustrous and eye-catching finish to date.
Eight-megapixel camera, as mentioned, is 30% clearer than a 5-megapixel camera and 44% brighter.
Feels perfectly fit in your palm because it weights only 134g, hence you wouldn't have to worry about your hands getting tired from holding that phone up, to take lots of selfies.


Click away!

If you want to know more about the new OPPO F1 Selfie Expert, click on the photo above. You can also follow them on their social media accounts below:
Thanks for dropping by! See you in my next post. 



No comments:

Post a Comment