Thursday, July 12, 2018

Respark: A 2018 Midyear Update

I decided to fill my Instagram with underwater photos ♥
Check it out and don't forget to follow ;)

Do you still remember me? Heya! It's Geva, your freediver friend slash self-proclaimed mermaid slash dreamer.  I know I've been on hiatus again, both in my blog and Youtube channel. Please accept my apologies. So what made me write again?

I  actually didn't know I'll be typing this post today, but I suddenly woke up this morning and I realized, tomorrow, I'll be turning (a bit) older. It's still the middle of the year and a lot can still happen, but there's already a number of things I want to be grateful for, hence, this post.


Check out The Purposeful Creative website for more free online courses.

I recently joined this Respark Challenge of The Purposeful Creative by Ms. Arriane Serafico. Part of the activity was to write down 10 (or more) most defining moments of 2018, so far. Below are the things I wrote..


  • I was able to sell my first batch of Mermaid metal straws. Sold out! Now, I'm on my second batch and only two (2) pieces are left.
  • Finally, I got myself an insurance under Sunlife.
  • I was able to open a 2nd bank account (or a 3rd actually).
  • Neil and I started saving up for the future. 
  • I was promoted to Project Manager.
  • I was able to survive my first 21K last February - that's a half marathon!
  • Finished a 200K virtual run.. and realized virtual runs are not my thing. Haha!
  • New place unlocked - CORON!
  • Swam with the Manta Ray and Dugong (Sea Cow)
  • Decided to finally lessen my plastic waste, or wastes, in general.
  • Tried wearing a legit mermaid tail - the real heavy ones made of rubber!
  • Had my stint as a mermaid for Unang Hirit. Thank you, MermaidsPH.
  • I won two (2) Infinity War tickets from Sunlife. (Hey! Not spending a dime on movie tickets is something to be grateful for!)
  • Another new place unlocked - BANTAYAN ISLAND - for my cousin's wedding.
  • Dived my first shipwreck at Batangas, the Dari Laut wreck.
  • I passed PHILSAT, with little preparation, hence I'm just a bit proud. Haha! PS - No plans of going to law school yet.
There you go! Those are the things that I'm thankful for for the past months. 


Realization:

We always have a reason to put our goals aside and focus on things that aren't important. I, myself, is guilty of that. However, for my 28th birthday, I decided to stick to my own saying, "July is the new January!" Haha! Don't laugh (Okay, I just did. Haha!) And don't judge me, it's never too late to push through with my unfulfilled resolutions! Trust me, it's better you start now than regret in the future why you never started at all. 

As for the rest of my 2018, I still have a long list of To-Dos to fill, but I have one I'm super excited about which I will be taking a week after my birthday. I'll update you soon about that. It's something related to my theme this year which is #Fearless2018. Let's say, that is Geva 2.0, braver, wiser, stronger! Char! 

Hmm. So, yeah, I think that is it.  There's only 15 minutes left now before 12 midnight strikes a.k.a my birthday! I should bid good night now. I'm planning to write about my 28th birthday as well, however simple it may turn out. 

How about you, how's your midyear, so far? 

PS - Don't forget to be grateful always.

No comments:

Post a Comment