Thursday, December 21, 2017

Foodgasm: Plakafe in Baguio

I'm a sucker for everything old school (not that I'm already old, huh! LOL). There is just something about vintage pieces that gives me all the feels

Well, that was what this newly opened coffee shop in Baguio gave us as well - that odd, familiar feeling. 

Plakafe took us to a place, Neil and I, probably have never been before. This cafe is a mixture of modern art and earlier era. The interiors have rich, colorful paintings on the wall. They have magazines, some are old, some new. Vinyls are displayed in the shelves at the cashier area. They have a huge Beatles poster on one wall and a wide array of books on the other. To sum up their interior, it's basically instagrammable in every corner. Also, it kind of reminds me of Stranger Things. Not to mention, their food is the bomb. Who would have thought palitaw would go well with cocoa dip?

Okay, enough of my blabbering. I'll let the photos speak for themselves instead ♥
 How creative of Plakafe. Notice the shelf, if you read it the usual way 
it wouldn't make any sense but when you turn it upside down, 
it forms the coffee shop's name.

(PS - This is the cover photo of this post, with Plakafe flipped at 180 degrees.)
 I'm pretty sure we had this kind of TV at my Lola's house. Haha!
 Hashtag Stranger Things!
 Masarap cuppiling.
 Meet my mug prop.
Allergic sa smile? Haha!
 Gamitan ng timer!
 This combo is the bomb dot com!
pALitAw with cAcAo
 Neil's order: AmericAno
 mALAGos tsokoLAte

The crew didn't mind us taking photos. Haha! Or at least they didn't show it. I didn't feel a bit of awkwardness while taking photos, anyway. Their restroom is very clean as well, it has a bidet and tissue, which is a big plus. As I'm not very familiar with Baguio, I can't tell if the location is accessible but there are jeepneys passing just outside the coffee shop. 

How we spotted the location:

We accidentally found this place. From Victory Liner, with the help of Waze, we walked to the direction of Mines View. Then, I spotted this huge WE ARE NOW OPEN. -PLAKAFE sign outside of this cute building which is actually the LeFern Hotel. The coffee shop looks promising from the outside because it's on the 2nd level of the building and wall beside the stairs are full of colorful murals. 
Their entrance is the stairs on the left side.

Address: 45 North Drive St., (behind NBI), Engrs. Hill, Baguio City
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/plakartcoffee/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/plakafe/

Thanks for dropping by ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment