Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Foodgasm: Where to Eat in San Juan, La Union

San Juan, La Union offers a lot of good places to eat. You need not to go far because the moment you step out from your hotel, an array of restaurants will already welcome you. The choices are just along the highway, so they are really accessible. 

When we arrived, everyone was famished. Hence, after checking in at Angel and Marie's Place and placing our bags inside our rooms, we headed out immediately to hunt for food. LOL!

Below are our food choices. I basically paid more attention on the food Neil and I ordered but I'm going to try as best as I can to remember what my workmates have ordered as well.

Day 1 Lunch - Surf Shack
I ordered TNT Pasta which consists of a pasta (Of course. Haha!) with red sauce and some good stuff a.k.a shrimps. LOL! I'm actually allergic to seafood but I love them anyway. They're my favorite, especially shrimps and crabs. It was stated in the menu that there are oysters included but unfortunately I didn't find any. *sad* Anyway, I ordered Grilled Cheese too, just because I'm addicted to cheese. Haha! Neil got the Surf Shack Burger. I wasn't able to check what else is in between the buns, but I noticed how huge the patty was, it reminded me of Zark's. My workmates ordered Pepperoni Pizza and Spicy Buffalo Wings, which was extremely hot for my taste buds. I do love spicy food but I wasn't able to handle the Wings' level of spiciness. 

Day 1 Dinner - Sandbox Bar and Grill
I had Grilled Tanigue for dinner. I ordered it from the Rice Meals category. It comes with steamed rice and veggies, with free soup and a choice between cucumber or blue lemonade juice. The main dish was served in a sizzling plate, so it surely was hot. Neil ordered Boneless Chicken BBQ. Both our choices are their best sellers. His order was really delicious I was tempted to switch plates. LOL! They also have a band playing outside. Actually, most of the restaurants along the highway have bands at night. They gave off a totally chill vibe. If only we could stay longer, but you know what Rihanna says, "Work, work, work, work, work, asdfghjldsf." Haha! Just kidding! (I love that song and the memes that come with it.)

Day 1 After Dinner - San Juan Surf Resort | Coast Call Kitchen & Bar
A weekday getaway wouldn't be complete without a bottle or two. We had no plans of getting drunk because we have to wake up early the following day for our trek. So, what I had was just a glass of cocktail. I chose something with an interesting name and ended up with Caribbean Queen. It consists of tequila, lime juice, pink lemonade, and guava syrup. The taste of guava syrup with a tinge of alcohol was dominant in the drink - a good one, actually.

Day 2 Breakfast - Angel and Marie's Place
Before we head out for our trek, we availed our courtesy breakfast first, which was care of Angel and Marie's Place (I'm really glad I found their number online). As their guest, we were allowed to choose our order from their wide array of Filipino breakfasts, which were basically Silogs. I got a ViSiLog (Vigan Longganisa-Sinangag-Itlog) while Neil ordered a ToSiLog (Tocino-Sinangag-Itlog). Whenever we are faced to choose among the Silogs, ToSiLog always win. However, I wanted to try a different one since I'm in a new city, hence the ViSiLog. No regrets there though because it was as delicious.

Day 2 Lunch - Magellan's Restaurant and Lounge
This is what we had for our late lunch. Most of us got a Grilled Tuna Steak. It's very tender which makes it delectable. The garlic on top also adds to its distinct taste. The side dishes are vegetables which doesn't make you guilty at all.

Day 2 Lunch - Moonleaf Tea Shop
I was longing for milk tea since the other day, so I did not let the opportunity pass. I grabbed a drink from Moonleaf Tea Shop before leaving the beautiful La Union. To beat the heat, I bought a Wintermelon Milk Tea with pudding, my favorite add-on.

Do you have other suggestions for a good place to eat in La Union? We definitely would love to try that. San Juan is actually very accessible from Manila, we might be able to return there sometime soon.

(For the prices of the food mentioned here, please visit my post on "Travelogue: Top 3 Things You Can Do in La Union Aside From Surfing.")

Thanks for the visit. See you in my next post.



2 comments:

  1. Lahi-lahi jud inyong gikan-an noh. Naglaway ko karong orasa. Huhu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! Sorry friend. Ako sad uy gigutom ug tan-aw sa pictures :))

      Delete